• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Have Hero Take full dammage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want my hero to take full damage.
He gos over my mine and doesn't take full damage. i think it has to do with the armor some how.

Ok What i did.

For Hero

Armor = 2.
HitPoints = 500
Agi = 0
Int = 0
Str = 0

gameplay constants
set armor before agility bonus = 0
and about 5 things next to it to zero.

==================================
For Land Mine

(For land mine) under ability's

AOE Damage upon Death (Goblin Land mine)

Full Damage radius = 150
Full Damage Amount = 500

And

Partial Damage radius = 0
Partial Damage Amount = 0

======================================

Shows Hero with 500 Hp and zero armor.
Then it hits a land mine and comes out with 125 hp.

p.s i thinking it might have to do something with the hero's armor type. but i cant seem to change hero armor type.
or when i do it still says hero armor type

Level 17
I've checked the mine AOE Damage on Death (goblin mine) ability and there is no field to set the damage type, I thought there is.
When I said spirit link I didn't mean ability, I meant Spirit Link damage type. It is not modified by armor types it always does 100% damage. Looks like you'll have to deal damage by triggers if you want the hero to recieve 100% damage.
Make the mine do 0 damage. When a unit of your mine type dies pick all hostile units in its blast radius and damage them with spirit link type of damage.

Level 12
Give the mine a 0 damage attack, (-1 base, 1 die, 0 sides.. trust me it works) and have it attack enemies that come near. Just detect when it attacks something and have it explode accordingly. Deal damage to all units in an AoE around it. When you go to enter in the damage type paramter. Use spirit link damage type.

Status
Not open for further replies.