• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to get a different Targeting Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, just wondering if it was possible to get different image/model or whatever it is for the targeting image of a custom 'Channel' based ability?

At the moment it is a pink AOE circle with a hammer which I think is the one that comes with the 'Channel' ability. I recall other spells with AOE e.g. 'Blizzard' had a green one instead. Is it possible to get that one instead or even being able to import it?

I've tried looking into the actual spell to see if there was a editable box for it but have found nothing. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough?

Thanks! :)

Level 39
There are actually 4 AoE indicators: one for each race. Depending on the race you select or are randomed of the unit (see below) you get a different image. If you search around you can probably find the paths for them. Importing a new .blp with that path will overwrite it and display for players of that race in-game.

Last edited:
Level 15
The targeting image doesn't depend on the player's race, but on the unit's race instead.
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SpellAreaOfEffect...
There are different ones for the races. Not sure which one human uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.