1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] How to: Free up ability slots on this builder hero

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Setokaiva, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    How many times do 8 abilities go into only 6 ability slots? Far too much. x_x And to be honest, it's giving me a frustrating time. I could probably figure this one out on my own, but since I've had luck here before, I thought I'd ask around the Hive again for some help.

Here's the context. Everything seems fine with this builder hero I have, right up to the point where his passive abilities that he learns to unlock new construction options (he has 3 of these passives for 3 types of buildings) each take up a slot on the command card, and do absolutely nothing except sit there. I want to free up at least some of those slots, but I don't know how.

I tried using the Spell Book ability, but that doesn't work with hero abilities. I thought about turning the structure abilities into unit-type ones so they'd fit in a spellbook, but then I wouldn't be able to gain ranks in those abilities using skill points. I glossed over available GUI triggers but didn't find a "hide ability" one. Since removing the ability from the hero upon leveling it up would make it impossible to learn any new ranks to improve one of his 3 structure abilities... I'm kind of in a bind as to what my options are, here.

What I'm looking for is a way to either condense these abilities to free up ability slots, or hide them from view because they just do nothing but sit there anyway. Am I not seeing something, here? Do one of you fine fellows have an idea that'll help me out of this bind? If so, I'd really appreciate it. And I'll gladly answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Base the passives off passives which have no icon. Several item abilities are like that.

3. vuakudo

vuakudo

Resources:
    Resources:
    The "Attribute Bonus" ability has a "Hide - Icon" field or use "Channel" ability with "Visible" unchecked

4. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed! Works like a charm.

5. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think there is also a way to remove/hide certain basic abilities like patrol or hold position. Should probably google that tho

6. XiiaOYanG12

XiiaOYanG12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add an ability like devotion aura to a spell book and give it to your hero, then disable the spell book for the hero. Then, the aura's icon wont show but it still has the aura's effect too

7. vuakudo

vuakudo

Resources:
    Resources: