• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to: Free up ability slots on this builder hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How many times do 8 abilities go into only 6 ability slots? Far too much. x_x And to be honest, it's giving me a frustrating time. I could probably figure this one out on my own, but since I've had luck here before, I thought I'd ask around the Hive again for some help.

Here's the context. Everything seems fine with this builder hero I have, right up to the point where his passive abilities that he learns to unlock new construction options (he has 3 of these passives for 3 types of buildings) each take up a slot on the command card, and do absolutely nothing except sit there. I want to free up at least some of those slots, but I don't know how.

I tried using the Spell Book ability, but that doesn't work with hero abilities. I thought about turning the structure abilities into unit-type ones so they'd fit in a spellbook, but then I wouldn't be able to gain ranks in those abilities using skill points. I glossed over available GUI triggers but didn't find a "hide ability" one. Since removing the ability from the hero upon leveling it up would make it impossible to learn any new ranks to improve one of his 3 structure abilities... I'm kind of in a bind as to what my options are, here.

What I'm looking for is a way to either condense these abilities to free up ability slots, or hide them from view because they just do nothing but sit there anyway. Am I not seeing something, here? Do one of you fine fellows have an idea that'll help me out of this bind? If so, I'd really appreciate it. And I'll gladly answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

Level 3
The "Attribute Bonus" ability has a "Hide - Icon" field or use "Channel" ability with "Visible" unchecked

Level 3
Add an ability like devotion aura to a spell book and give it to your hero, then disable the spell book for the hero. Then, the aura's icon wont show but it still has the aura's effect too

Status
Not open for further replies.