• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Changing what ability spot my spell takes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello everyone.

For a spell i'm making i'd like it to slot in next to the red ability picking closs simular to the hide ability in this picture:
Warcraft-3-The-Frozen-Throne-large-54.jpg

Is there any way to change the spot of an ability without having to base it upon a different ability?
Right now it just slots in randomly since i based it on bash. However, the ability in question is a 13 leveled ranking system meaning that if i have to remake the ability completely i'll have to change alot of triggers aswell.

Level 20
Edit these fields in your ability page in the Object Editor:

temp3.jpg

X = 0, Y = 0 is the top left position, X = 3, Y = 2 is the bottom right position, you can figure out the rest by treating the numers like grid coordinates.

For your question, you should use X = 2, Y = 1.

Level 8
Edit these fields in your ability page in the Object Editor:

View attachment 353183

X = 0, Y = 0 is the top left position, X = 3, Y = 2 is the bottom right position, you can figure out the rest by treating the numers like grid coordinates.

For your question, you should use X = 2, Y = 1.

yup, that solved the problem. Pretty easy one but now atleast i know what those do!

Status
Not open for further replies.