• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadowmeld takes priority in my command card when owning unit is not highlighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Its the ability itself, not the icon. when ever my shadowmeld character is in a selection of multiple units, her shadowmeld ability stays in my command card in game even when she is not highlighted. This causes significant problems as i am making a hero focused game where all 12 slots in the command card tend to be taken up and for some reason shadowmeld takes priority to display even when im looking at another character's command card.

For context, i am using shadowmeld as a "unit ability". i have tried swapping out the icon. i have also tried creating the ability from the item as well as recreating "permanent invisibility". Neither worked as item based abilities are programmed to not display an icon in the command card, even if they are no longer item abilities. Every variation on the ability gives me the same problem. It would seem it is intentional to have that display so in normal wc3 you can get your units to turn invisible with just 1 click. But unfortunately, it's really throwing off my groove.

Is there a way to manipulate how an ability icon functions in the command card? If not, is there an ability i can steal from elsewhere that has the right data points i need to be able to create something resembling a shadowmeld ability?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Shadowmeld at the end of the day is just:
Is unit NOT moving and it's Night Time? Add permanent invisibility that fades over X seconds.

Is unit moving? Remove permanent invisibility.

You can also hide the button entirely by setting its x/y to 0,-11.

Level 4
Shadowmeld at the end of the day is just:
Is unit NOT moving and it's Night Time? Add permanent invisibility that fades over X seconds.

Is unit moving? Remove permanent invisibility.

You can also hide the button entirely by setting its x/y to 0,-11.
so the problem here is that i really do want the icon to display for the given character, but not for any other character that has her in the same selection group. Also. i want the "akama shadowmeld" ability where i can move and be invisible at the same time but lose invisibility when i attack

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
so the problem here is that i really do want the icon to display for the given character, but not for any other character that has her in the same selection group. Also. i want the "akama shadowmeld" ability where i can move and be invisible at the same time but lose invisibility when i attack
Akama's ability is just permanent invisibility, which shouldn't have that icon problem.

And you can mimic the Icon with another ability.

Level 4
Akama's ability is just permanent invisibility, which shouldn't have that icon problem.

And you can mimic the Icon with another ability.
awesome thank you. ya i just ended up making a dud icon and using the perm invisibility ability. Thanks much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.