• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Abilities Appearing in the Command Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I made a shield item, I gave it a modified version of Defend that acts as an item ability, everything looks hunky-dorey, but when my Hero picks up the item, for some reason it puts the Defend ability in the bottom left slot of his command card, which can be clicked and activated there. I wanted it to be like every other item in the game in which you click on the item to activate the ability, not for the item to give me an ability. Does anyone know why it is behaving like this?

Level 6
Order-based item? You mean like how it just takes one click to do its thing, or because it turns on/off?

Level 6
That's probably it too, things like Kelen's Daggers of Escape work just fine. I'll probably do as you said and find a work-around that gives the same effect as defend with none of the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.