• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Cast ability from item while being stunned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi,
My map features magical scroll items that host an ability each. These abilities are not directly registered on the items as you know it from normal wc3 but you can activate an item at a time (left-click) in order to transfer its associated ability to the unit's command card. Pressing another item will switch the displayed ability then.

For convenience, as this is only local player input-relevant, I would like to allow the player to do this even when the unit is stunned/silenced/disabled. There are a few abilities I have found that do not get casted but which trigger an early order event if you click them during stun, Defend from Footman or Call to Arms from the human Town Hall for example. However, those abilities cannot be added to items. When I do this and the unit picks up the item, the ability gets transfered to the unit's command card right away and clicking the item won't have an effect anymore.

So does anyone know a good ability or another way to fix this?

Level 26
Yes, items do not check for silence.

I know you can detect the order of Berserk, at least for the normal ability, even when the unit is stunned/sleeping. Not sure about when it is silenced though.

That's strange because just tested it and it works. So there are differences between the Absk, Adef, Amdf, ANms, AEim, AHds-abilities (ability guide) and I picked the wrong ones. Berserk, Mana Shield and Immolation work fine, Defend, Magical Defense and the above mentioned Call to Arms travel to unit's command card, Divine Shield does none of both. Changing disability of the specific abilities in gameplay constants does not seem to have an effect.

Also verified on multiplayer. Of course this still has the disadvantage of delay but okay.

Case is solved, I thank you both~

Status
Not open for further replies.