• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Fix Warcraft 3 Sound is Disabled

How to Fix Warcraft 3 Sound Problem or Sound is Disabled

Hey I have a File that well help your Warcraft 3 Sound Disabled
Just Download the Redist FILE
Follow the Instructions

This is what your gonna Do

1. Find in your Warcraft 3 Folder if there is a Redist folder already.... if not
Download it....that is why your Warcraft 3 Sound is Disabled because Redist File was Missing in your Warcraft 3 Folder
2. Download redist.zip
3. After you Dowload Extract the Redist.zip to your Warcraft 3 Folder
4: Enjoy!

originaly Post by -jerencecharlo

I hope this could be useful

Attachments

• redist.zip
    172.3 KB · Views: 4,919
Last edited:
If one randomly delete files in his wc3 folder, then I would not wonder if something goes wrong. ^)^

Reinstalling should help then.
But that should not be the topic.

When talking about "How to Fix Warcraft 3 Sound Problem", we assume it must be a "default" problem when I normaly use my WC3.
That's why I wonder under which conditions he/they experience that bug.

Level 2
Uhm hello good day i just wanna say i love you whoever you are and i love you for who you are and not who i want you to be also my World Editor recently started acting up when i start it it says warning sound not initialized or something also it starts with a blank slate instead of that normal Lordaeron Summer map help pls love you

Level 2
no the WE is having the problem so any file problem would be a tad uncanny also i kinda want to have the Lordaeron Summer default back cause i usually spew out all the dumb ideas on that or test my ideas before implementing them in my map. also before you ask i wont be uploading my map here because i make maps for myself :D i selfish boi sorry for wrong garamr too lazy to type on this phon i lov you

Daffy the Mage, I love you also it would be strange for it to be a file problem (in le my opinion) because it's WE that has the problem. Also, I'd love to have the default starting Lordaeron Summer map 'cause that's where I exhaust my weird creativity to focus my not weird creativity on my main map. I also test aesthetic design there. And sorry to disappoint, I won't be uploading the map. Keepin it for me'self coz' it's too ugly. I love you. Bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
thank you i love you bai is ok for the sound i guess don't need it wakin nibody up when I'm makin an alternate timeline of Stormwind at 2 in the morning also in case you think I'm acting obnoxious actually I'm not I just genuinely appreciate everyone today and remember: you're beautiful.

Level 4
I did download the redist file but still there are no sounds. when i start wc3, it gives an error about sounds being disabled. please help. what should i do?

Level 1
I did download the redist file but still there are no sounds. when i start wc3, it gives an error about sounds being disabled. please help. what should i do?
extract the redist file to the warcraft folder.

Last edited:
Level 1
i think i accidentally move my redist file... or the warcraft or warcraft editor deleted it because i turn off the warcraft sound and warcraft editor sound.

Level 1
Just wanted to let you know that years later this is still helping people out. Way easier than trying to reinstall the whole thing. Thanks!