• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to fix MISSING STRING: WESTRING MENU VALIDATE MAP TRIGGERS,MISSING STRING: WESTRING ERROR WORLD VALIDATION FAILED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys please help me solve this problems. When i try to test my map it loads fully but it freezes at the end of the loading. I get this message from the title of the thread in the world editor. Thanks in advance.

Missing WEString should not stop you from doing anything, it means that the StringFile used by World Editor does not have entries for these requested keys.
To fix missing WEString (WorldEditor Strings) you would either have to wait for Blizzard to fix it or get your used <localePath>/ui/worldeditstrings.txt enable local files, place it into your warcraft 3 installation and insert the missing Strings.

Edit:

MISSING STRING: WESTRING ERROR WORLD VALIDATION FAILED​

That sounds like your map contains some error which makes it unrunable. Most likely code errors, if your map is in jass mode enable jasshelper, most times it shows the source of the code-error (when you save/try to validate code).

Last edited:
Level 4
Missing WEString should not stop you from doing anything, it means that the StringFile used by World Editor does not have entries for these requested keys.
To fix missing WEString (WorldEditor Strings) you would either have to wait for Blizzard to fix it or get your used <localePath>/ui/worldeditstrings.txt enable local files, place it into your warcraft 3 installation and insert the missing Strings.

Edit:

MISSING STRING: WESTRING ERROR WORLD VALIDATION FAILED​

That sounds like your map contains some error which makes it unrunable. Most likely code errors, if your map is in jass mode enable jasshelper, most times it shows the source of the code-error (when you save/try to validate code).
Thanks Taysen, although I am working on the maps I don't know how to find used <localePath>/ui/worldeditstrings.txt to enable local files, and place them into my warcraft 3 installation, and definitely I don't know how to insert the missing Strings. I created my map in classic Warcraft 3 not into Reforged version, but its not working in either one. Can you please provide more info, I also cannot download jasshelper from the site because its unreachable. Best regards.

Last edited:
Level 28
I don't know how to find used <localePath>/ui/worldeditstrings.txt to enable local files
The "LocalePath" depends on the game language you are using:
_locales\enus.w3mod for English
_hd.w3mod\_locales\enus.w3mod for Reforged version).

You can read the following threads about extracting game files and putting them to your WC3 installation:
Extracting game files (MPQ and CASC)
Local files

I created my map in classic Warcraft 3 not into Reforged version, but its not working in either one.
Opening the older maps on Reforged Editor will work, but there is a limitations of the features, including the absence of Lua.
You can't open the map that's made for Reforged with Classic WC3 Editor. World Editor will display the usual "Level info data missing or invalid".
There is a people who posted this same problem: How to downgrade a map

I created my map in classic Warcraft 3 not into Reforged version, but its not working in either one. Can you please provide more info, I also cannot download jasshelper from the site because its unreachable.
Jasshelper is included in the newer versions of Warcraft 3 and a built in feature of World Editor. You can enable it inside a Menu of Trigger Editor.
Enable Vjass.jpg

Level 4
The "LocalePath" depends on the game language you are using:
_locales\enus.w3mod for English
_hd.w3mod\_locales\enus.w3mod for Reforged version).

You can read the following threads about extracting game files and putting them to your WC3 installation:
Extracting game files (MPQ and CASC)
Local files

Opening the older maps on Reforged Editor will work, but there is a limitations of the features, including the absence of Lua.
You can't open the map that's made for Reforged with Classic WC3 Editor. World Editor will display the usual "Level info data missing or invalid".
There is a people who posted this same problem: How to downgrade a map
Hi Ravager thanks for your response. Westring were fixed on Reforged but they aren't the problem. When i try to test my custom map in the classic warcraft 3 editor it freezes at the end of the loading screen. I tried to enable JassHelper and vJass in reforged editor it didn't work.

Level 4
If you get infinite loading screen, there is a chance your map has some leaks.
Also, I heard that testing the map in the Reforged Editor can take up a lot of time to load due to the high memory usage.
Things That Leak
My map is still not working and is freezing at the end of the loading screen.

Attachments

• Lord of Outland.w3x
    891 KB · Views: 13
My map is still not working and is freezing at the end of the loading screen.
You created an endless loop in Trigger Initialization inside Initialization. This trigger executes itself again, the repeat will also repeat. The game will never finish that trigger and at some point give up and crash.
Remove both Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set campaign to Expansion Human Campaign
      • Game - Set ally color filtering to 0
      • Trigger - Run Init 01 Players <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 02 Units <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 03 Music <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 04a Environment <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 04b GatePoints <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 05 Sound <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 06 Quests <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 07a Hard <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 08 Experience <gen> (checking conditions)
      • -------- Start Intro Cinematic --------
      • Trigger - Add Intro Cinematic Q <gen> to the trigger queue (Checking conditions)

Level 4
You created an endless loop in Trigger Initialization inside Initialization. This trigger executes itself again, the repeat will also repeat. The game will never finish that trigger and at some point give up and crash.
Remove both Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set campaign to Expansion Human Campaign
      • Game - Set ally color filtering to 0
      • Trigger - Run Init 01 Players <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 02 Units <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 03 Music <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 04a Environment <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 04b GatePoints <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 05 Sound <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 06 Quests <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 07a Hard <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Init 08 Experience <gen> (checking conditions)
      • -------- Start Intro Cinematic --------
      • Trigger - Add Intro Cinematic Q <gen> to the trigger queue (Checking conditions)
Dear Tasyen,

Thanks a lot, the map is working! You really made my day!
All the best:thumbs_up:
Pekisa7

Level 4
If you get infinite loading screen, there is a chance your map has some leaks.
Also, I heard that testing the map in the Reforged Editor can take up a lot of time to load due to the high memory usage.
Things That Leak
Hi Ravager16829 , thanks for assistance and help. The map is working, problem is solved.
All the best :psmile: :thumbs_up:
Pekisa7

Status
Not open for further replies.