• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to fix a trigger with Issue order that doesn't work ? {solved}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello.
I tried making an ability in which I need to create 1 dummy and add Cloud ability to it and order it to cast cloud on somewhere.
This is so weird because everything works except the issue order action ( dummy is created and has the ability and if I select it and order it to cast it will but through triggers it won't) I used the order of dragonhawk rider - Cloud but it won't work.
I copied the trigger to a new map and it worked! this is weird , how should I fix it?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Make sure that the spell can be cast (mana, cooldown, requirements, range, ...)
Make sure caster and target point are set to the right values.
There is not much more I can help because of the little information I have. If you can figure out what's the difference between your map and the new map is, you will probably know what's the problem.

Level 4
Make sure that the spell can be cast (mana, cooldown, requirements, range, ...)
Make sure caster and target point are set to the right values.
There is not much more I can help because of the little information I have. If you can figure out what's the difference between your map and the new map is, you will probably know what's the problem.
the problem is there is no difference between them.I said if I click on the dummy and order it to cast the ability manually it will cast it , so the problem is not with mana or range or ...

Level 11
I tried some test and figured it out , in my map the issue order action - order to cast cloud - doesn't order at all.
Do you have any channel based abilities that use cloud's order string?

There's an obscure bug where channel can break trigger ordered (and iirc AI ordered) abilities if 1) the channel based ability is loaded first and 2) it has different targeting settings from the original ability. It's fixed by either forcing the normal ability to be loaded first (by putting them on a preplaced unit) or never using order strings in channel that came from abilities you're using in your map.

Level 4
Do you have any channel based abilities that use cloud's order string?

There's an obscure bug where channel can break trigger ordered (and iirc AI ordered) abilities if 1) the channel based ability is loaded first and 2) it has different targeting settings from the original ability. It's fixed by either forcing the normal ability to be loaded first (by putting them on a preplaced unit) or never using order strings in channel that came from abilities you're using in your map.
Dude , thank you so much! I just change the order of channel abilities from fog of war to sth else , and now the trigger works. Tnx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.