• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to edit Upkeep Taxes, Upkeep Foods Numbers, and Upkeep Names

Level 4
Hello guys! Welcome to my tutorial! I will show you how to edit Upkeep Taxes, Upkeep Foods, and Upkeep Names.

Upkeep Taxes
Upkeep taxes determines how much gold or lumber you actually get after gathering. For example: No Upkeep, no changes for tax. If Low Upkeep, it will reduce your coin by 3, so you will be get 7 coins per a mine for a peasant. If High Upkeep, it will reduce your coin by 6, so you will get 4 coins per a mine for a peasant.

Now, I will show to you how to change it all.
  1. Open your World Editor.
  2. Go to Advanced, then go to Gameplay Contants.
  3. Scroll Down and find Upkeep - Gold Tax Rates or Upkeep - Lumber Tax Rates
Gold and Lumber Tax Rates
  • The First number is for No Upkeep (0.0 tax means no change)
  • The Second number is Low Upkeep (0.3 tax means 30% taken away per mine)
  • And the Third number is High Upkeep (0.6 tax means 60% taken away per mine)

Upkeep Foods Numbers

Upkeep Foods Numbers determines what upkeep will be shown if the food is matching. For example, for Low Upkeep, the food must be 51+ to turn into Low Upkeep.

Now, I will show to you how to change it:
  1. Open back your Gameplay Contants
  2. Open Upkeep - Food Levels
  3. Change it as you want

Upkeep Names

There's 3 default Upkeep Names, thats No Upkeep, Low Upkeep, and High Upkeep.

To change it:
  1. Open your Game Interface
  2. Find line with "|cff"
  3. Find No Upkeep or anything
full

• You will be able to find No Upkeep, High Upkeep and Low Upkeep
  • Change it as you want
I hope it helps! See you again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, but could be useful. I'm going to go ahead and approve it (I made some minor grammar changes). If you want to expand on this, I'd recommend showing people how to make multiple upkeeps. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it is possible since they have strings for "High Upkeep 2", "High Upkeep 3", etc. and the tax rates have up to 10 tax rates. Might be worth exploring!

Level 3
If you want to expand on this, I'd recommend showing people how to make multiple upkeeps.

I can confirm that this works well. I created a quick-reference sheet here: WC3 World Editor Upkeep (tax brackets)

I think with the larger map size and greater # of players, it's a good reason to play with "bigger game" settings in general, and part of that is a higher food cap with corresponding higher & more gradual upkeep brackets.