• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How To Edit Text Inside 'Quest' (F9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'd like to thank those who have created great tutorials..but i still lack some skills..i want to learn how to edit text inside the Quest Menu (f9) teach me please TQ =)
Hiveworkshop FTW!!

Level 6
You can further edit the quests under Advanced-Game Interface. there you can edit texts in the quest menu such as changing "Required Quests" to something like "Map by iSKY".

Level 5
Edit.. Or make?

Simply, add an actions, and then go under quest, and find what you need. (Creation, adding text, clearing, and so on)

Edit =X .. still unsolved T.T

You can further edit the quests under Advanced-Game Interface. there you can edit texts in the quest menu such as changing "Required Quests" to something like "Map by iSKY".
Yea..What happens if weird stuff comes out..not weird actually just something i dont understand like 'Text-General Bla bla bla' Help me please

Level 6
haha what do you mean by weird? Play around with the game interface. Everything to do with quests wiil be under Text-General-Quests. just play around with it and then look under quests ingame to see what you changed. and if you dont like it you can always reset the text.

Level 5
darn still doesn't work..i've changed the value and nothing happens..Help please

Level 17
I think he means, a quest itself, not the interface.

You can find any quest action under actions - quests.
Go check it out.

------
2 Example triggers I made to show you how to create quests, and how to edit them. The variable is only there if u want to change the quests.

• Create
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Weeii with the description I Arez a Quest, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set QuestVariable[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Create a Required, undiscovered quest titled Weeii with the description I Arez a Quest 2!, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set QuestVariable[2] = (Last created quest)
  • Change
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 23443.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Oh NOEZ!! U have to edit your quest! Lucky we stored it into a variable. --------
      • Quest - Change the description of QuestVariable[2] to MWHAHA

Level 5
yea..i edited/stole a map.. just wanna put created by hat3shie < original cr8tor and put modified by me thats all..

EDIT:
SOLVED..
now i just need to know how to change the topic tittle from unsolved to solved..lol Thx Airandius and TheBlooddancer

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.