• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to do minor model edits without corrupting the models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey,

I want to start getting into modeling. I know there are a lot of tutorials available, but a lot of them seem outdated.

[besides just the fact that it seems like fun, I have a lot of minor changes I want to make on models for the map I'm working on and would rather be self sufficient then to beg in the requests forum...]

I thought I would start from something simple like minor model edits. I tried removing hero glow using this tutorial . I was surprised how simple just deleting geosets was and then I ended up corrupting the model I was working on to the point where it crashes my WE whenever I try to use it. so now I think I should probably know what I am doing a little better before I mess up my map for good.

what is a good place to start from? how do I figure out how to not corrupt models?

I currently have magos, and retera's model studio, and would rather not download anything else heavy bc my computer is an old man.

any help would be welcome.
thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.