• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to do I take away move button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how do I take away move button (solved)

and other buttons like stop,hold position and patrol button from t.ex blademaster I have figured out how to take away attack button but the other I have problems with

heres a screenshot of which buttons I mean
qns0hf.jpg

edit: the reason why I want to hide them or take away them is so u cant use them insteed im thinking of making a system where u have to use the arrow button to move

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok, when you meant "take away" do you simply want the unit to be uncontrollable? If so you can use a trigger to 'pause' the unit.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by taking away the controls? A little more information can go a long way towards solving your problem.

Level 3
I think he wants to take them away coz they take space for potential spells, no ?

I'd advice making spell books if you need space.

Level 13
1.) it may soon be possible but only for heroes :)
-for this i think you will have to wait for "Hide basic abilities system"
il try to make the system but:
-hero´s owner will have to be changed
-things like "disable ability" will work on unit if used on its owner (so its normal as you would do)
-thinks like - display text to player will have to be displayed to player (number of player - level of OWNER ability for unit)
-its because every player will have to control another player´s hero but it will be treated as their original hero
would this help you ?
-i know its complicated but i never saw any possible solution on the hive workshop or any other site so i believe this will be the only 2 ways
2.) the only other thing you can do is to make a unclosable spellbook system but the icon for cancel will be visible
-you much force players to press a hotkey for spellbook to make unclosable spellbook
(force it every 0.05 sec or increase more)

Level 3
Moin Moin =)

To "take away" all these buttons you have to set the following:

- Set attack type of the unit to: None
- Set movement speed of the unit to: 0
this worked thanks

btw how do I mark this thread has solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.