• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Make a unit DON'T stop,Hold Position or Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Basically you want to have an arrow key movement system.
You also want to not have move/attack/patrol/stop/hold commands on the hero.

To achieve this you first make the hero respond to keyboard commands(like you would normally).
Then you make it so that the actual selected unit is an invisible one, instead of your hero.
The invisible unit is placed on your hero every 0.03 seconds, so effectively it works to be used as your hero in most regards.
However, the invisible unit has 0 movement speed(or 1 and has root(disabled)). It also has no attacks. So everything the invisible unit has is whatever buttons you want it to have.

Level 6
I don't want just to disable the icons,I want them fully disabled and in that system they are not disabled:player can use both arrows and buttons.

And by the way,you can easily disable only the icons from the game interface!

As far as I can get what u need is something like:
Unit of type building with no attack (to prevent movement icons, and it would still had abilities)
Arrows movement (move every sec. with move animation)

I don't want just to disable the icons,I want them fully disabled and in that system they are not disabled:player can use both arrows and buttons.

And by the way,you can easily disable only the icons from the game interface!

I've got an idea. Why not just disable icons for the hero and use the arrow key movement without dummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.