• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to create a save system that save one hero and 5 unit with specific ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
so the title says it all, how i create a save system that can save one hero and 5 unit that has specific ability?
I was working on my fourth map, in there i need to save 5 unit with their item (only 2 item carried) and the hero with his item (6 item)

Level 31
And that save/load system is horrible, stop recommending it. If it's not Encoder, it's not good -.-.

These systems are especially bad-
All of the ones at TH, including the one you linked
iGen and CodeGen at THW

the one at wc3c isn't bad at all, but can't compete with Encoder 1.0 ;P.

This is the premier one atm, the #1
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/encoder-1-0-0-0-a-189883/

Currently, there is no save/load system that saves abilities specific to heroes (unit specific catalogs, meaning that abilities don't need to be saved, just the levels). However, Encoder 2.0.0.0 will be able to do unit specific catalogs.

People are waiting on Encoder 2.0 atm =).

Check out the last post on the Encoder thread to see the Catalog system that people will probably be using with it ;P.

2.0 is still underway, I'm trying to solve a really, really tough problem and have been unable to solve it ; (, but if worst comes to worst, I will code the portion I'm having issues with from scratch, thus solving the prob =).

Level 31
So you add the ability to the unit or the unit automatically comes with the ability? And if it comes with the ability, the ability is lvl 1 or multiple lvls?

If it auto comes with the ability and is only level 1, you don't have to save it.

Also, save/load always creates new data, it just kinda clones the old data to a degree using the information stored in the code.

->Made my day :)
It works perfectly. Bribe hasn't reviewed it because he's waiting for 2.0 too ;P.

Level 17
Okay, so the hero 'mark' the unit and the unit will added an ability called 'pet', then the unit that have ability 'pet' will added new ability 'dismark' after that, the first marked unit will be the leader and the last will be the supporter
The leader must have one ability 'leadership'
The supporter must have one ability 'supporter'
All the ability i explain is on lvl one
My question so far is: how i check whether the pet,leadership, or supporter is on the unit??

Made my day :)

Encoder 1.0.0.0 works better than every save/load system on this whole site, it's stable and it does its job nicely.

There is a lot of "approved" content in the Spells section that probably needs to be trashed, I've seen some things still using the return bug from way back when, but I don't want to take it too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.