• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to counter MH users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, while creating my map i wondered about a trigger kicking automaticaly Map hack users (I am a dota player, and i see that when a player using MH is in a game, he can totaly ruins it).

So here is my real question : how does map hack work ?
If it reveal all map i thaught about a trigger ordering an unit to use Blink in an area that can't be reveal by any player without MH (or i should find another way).
Then if the unit enter the area it would say that this player use map hack.
But as i have never used MH i don't know how it works.

Can someone help me ? Or anyone have ever used a trigger like this one ?

Thanks,

Exum

Level 16
import some models of a unit, that will crash the viewer when viewed,

place that unit in a place where it cant be seen, or is never can be seen.

so, if MH is enabled, that unit automatically is viewed, then, crash that player (Kicking him instantly out of the game)

or else, try tree tag map, it has a good MH detector, lol.

or rather, if the unit is viewed, just defeat that player with trigger, no need of any custom model.

place a unit that is never can be viewed.

Level 33
Ways to detect MapHack ?
Try this:
  • Maphack Fog or Invisible
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Kick <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Is issued an order targeting an object)
  • Kick
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (((Target unit of issued order) is invisible to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) or (((Target unit of issued order) is fogged to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat (Owner of (Triggering unit)) with the message: You have been kicked for Maphacking.
By creating this trigger, this can prevent the player to maphack
It detects if the player clicks on the targeted unit while invisible and/or is fogged to the owner of the player

Level 16
no, maphack can be made to work without making unit that is originally unclickable to become clickable.

the best undetectable maphack is, showing models and position of the enemy unit, invisible unit, but give you no ability to click them, therefore : Undetectable

unless you use corrupted models, which when maphack is activated : Give the user a crash, go to hell MH! xD

Level 11
Ways to detect MapHack ?
Try this:
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Kick <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Is issued an order targeting an object)
  • Kick
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (((Target unit of issued order) is invisible to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) or (((Target unit of issued order) is fogged to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat (Owner of (Triggering unit)) with the message: You have been kicked for Maphacking.
It detects if the player clicks on the targeted unit while invisible and/or is fogged to the owner of the player

Is there such thing as this?
  • is invisible to

Level 20
The only solution is what razor21 said,about corrupted models since you can't detect maphack. When maphack is activated,warcraft still 'thinks' the map is fogged and invisible units are still invisible,however MH shows their position.
For example,if you would activate maphack,you wouldn't be able to attack or cast an ability on an invisible unit since it still counts as invisible. Pretty much,everything what razor21 said.

Level 20
@Dark_Gandalf,
I've heard that opinion before somewhere...
Well yeah,that might work too but i'm not sure you can see unit unless you see unit's position. If unit is huge so you can see only one part,but the unit's location is not on your screen,the unit won't show up. I'm not sure in this,however.

Level 12
Ways to detect MapHack ?
Try this:
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
  • Kick
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

So i've kinda got interested in this and tried to this for my map... I tested this with my friend who got MH and no use. I think it doesn't work because this event does not detects a unit, but object:
But i managed to do this and this worked:
  • Selecting a Unit
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Player((Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • And - All (Conditions) are true
                        • Conditions
                          • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Player((Integer B)))) Equal to True
                          • ((Picked unit) is selected by (Player((Integer B)))) Equal to True
                          • ((Picked unit) is visible to (Player((Integer B)))) Equal to False
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set MH_Player[(Integer B)] = (Player((Integer B)))
                      • Game - Defeat MH_Player[(Integer B)] with the message: You have been kicke...
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of MH_Player[(Integer B)]) + |cfffed312has been kicked for using Map Hack!)
                    • Else - Actions
Hope this helped someone.

Level 19
@Dark_Gandalf,
I've heard that opinion before somewhere...
Well yeah,that might work too but i'm not sure you can see unit unless you see unit's position. If unit is huge so you can see only one part,but the unit's location is not on your screen,the unit won't show up. I'm not sure in this,however.

that's no problem
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90920

Level 16
thx xD. but using model to close off the sight is really awesome too lol :p

farsight will not hit units outside camera boundry, so yea.

• AntiMapHack
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Player((Integer A))) to Your Whtever Playable Region <gen>

Level 1
razor, I didn't completely understand how do you intend to detect MH user? You order to apply camera to blocked region (where MH user can reach, and usual can not), so, do I correctly understand? And how to detect MH?

Level 16
read previous comments. thats just to limit the player's view, so that we could put units that is not supposed to be Seen by normal player, but MH somehow can see something out of map boundry. so if that unit is seen, they are using MH, limiting the boundry also limits the effect of Skills such as "Far Sight".

Level 4
what if i only use mh to see the pings of other players?
mh doesnt have to be a revealed map to be of use to someone

ion a game of island troll tribes, usually ppl ping their bases and locations to better instruct their allies. if you set mh to detect these, there's nothing you can do about it, and though the mher wont be able to see anything, he still can gather relative ideas that he shouldnt be having.

in island def and vampirism, you have 10 builders spawn at the same time to secure their bases, so they ping to secure those bases. mh would still allow a mher to ww into a guys base which he gave it's location directly to the mher

this i have no idea how to counteract

Level 9
Make a remote area somewhere in your map, periodically check all players if they are currently viewing that area, if True returns to the player, kick or defeat that player. Or mask its surrounding vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.