• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal error is my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i'm making a map with a lot (not exessiv) of special effects, triggers, & spells.
While testing my map with players (compt or real) we all have a fatal error crash.
Thaught it was because of leaks, i removed all, and it still bug.

Someone have an idea from where comes this error ? Or anyone ever got a problem like this ?

Thanks,

Exum

Level 4
I had already check all.
And fatal error happens randomly in the game.
I can use 10X the same spell, at the 11' one it will bug :/

Level 4
I was wrong, i've just found the spell which crash the game (after 100+ test maps).
It is only when i cast it on me (the hero using the spell).
  • Monsoon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit cast a spell
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal*to Monsoon
    • Actions
      • Set PointMonsoon[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set GroupMonsoon = (Units within 200.00 of PointMonsoon[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to TRUE))
      • Group unit - Pick every unit in GroupMonsoon and do (Actions)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (3.00 x (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Inclure bonuses))))) damage of attack type Sorts and damage type Foudre
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 180.00 damage of attack type Sorts and damage type Foudre
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GroupMonsoon)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Boucle - Actions
          • Set PointSpeMonsoon = (PointMonsoon[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by 50.00 towards (45.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Special effect - Create a special effect at PointSpeMonsoon using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
          • Special effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointSpeMonsoon)
          • Set PointSpeMonsoon = (PointMonsoon[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by 160.00 towards (45.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Special effect - Create a special effect at PointSpeMonsoon using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
          • Set PointSpeMonsoon = (PointMonsoon[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by 105.00 towards ((45.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) + 22.50) degrees)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointMonsoon[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))])
Any idea for the way to correct it please ? :/

Level 4
In my map 12 players can cast monsoon, so i was scared about a bug if two players use monsoon at the same time, that's why i added an array.
Is this bad ? Or it don't have any importance ?
I've tryed to disable actions, and now, whithout changing anything, the spell works fine... With all actions abled...
I'm going to burn myself.
Trust me yesterday when i used the spell on me, it ALWAYS maked the game crash.
It's maybe a kind of bug of worldedit testing ? (i have sometimes bugs while testing again and again my map)
For example a spell based on the aoe of the mountain king (can't remember name in english) with a debuff of 5 seconds made a debuff infinity.

Edit : after 3 tests, it bugs again, is god against me ?

Edit 2 : Everything disabled in this trigger, and it still bug, so i bet the spell himself must be the bug.

Edit 3 : I based the spell on blizzard instead of Monsoon, and it works without any bug. Hope nobody will have this bug :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.