• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to change the race name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
How can I change the name of the races to appear as I want it in the custom game screen ? Currently it shows the default races names and I have to run the map once and only when I return to the custom game screen will appear correctly.

Level 20
... What do you mean with "Race name"?...

I'm not sure, but I think you mean "Fixed Player Settings". In the World Editor, check "Scenario" tab, and "Player Settings", there you can Check "Fixed Settings" and set the player races, colors, etc.

Level 20
AFAIK...
Race names are not part of maps, are part of Wc3. You would have to edit the Wc3 MPQ files and change the data in there... Of course, the changes would work only for the player with the modified MPQ.

Level 2
im not at my home p.c so i cant check, but im sure u can do it in the gameplay concepts menu? find like the ones that are listed as 'human' etc and change them to whatever u need

Status
Not open for further replies.