• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forcing Race Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple scenario.

I want to only use two races. Currently I simply have set player values so you can't change your race, which means some people might not get the race they want.

What I would like to happen is this:

Player chooses NE in lobby, spawns human starting units ingame without a prompt screen or anything. Now I can easily do this with "unit enters map, replace unit," but that won't make the sounds be race specific - meaning the "need more gold, under attack, building complete, etc."

Is it possible to accomplish that?

Level 3
if you random in the lobby then i dont think its possible, but you can change all the gui setting to make orc identical to NE or human identical to UD, then just make the starting units with a trigger. Dont get me wrong, its a lot of work, but i think that would be the only way to do it.

Level 3
Man i really dont know then, if you access the map archive, you may be able to disable some races, but it would be super advanced stuff and i really have no idea how you would do it, but im sure it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.