• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to built walls as in Stronghold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello, I wanna buitl walls as in stronghold ... If I am going to set where building will be to if I drag with cursor to make more of the walls
thanks all who will help me :pal:

Level 14
thats impossible, you could use trackables, that means create many trackables at map initialisation on every 128X128 field on the map.
Trackables detect mouse movement, but this would not be very good for performance.

you could create a wall by clicking twice, at the start and at the endpoint.

Greets

Level 14
what means UTM?

If it is singleplayer, or a little map, it is possible with trackables.
You can google for them, there are some functions for them, unfortunately you cant delete them, so you better create them at map init.

They detect the mouse pointer

Greets

Edit: Singleplayer, because that many objects, you would need, are very bad for the map performance

Level 2
UTM is the Ultimate Terrain Map, used by lots of people because it has a vast quantity of terraining stuff (obviously by the name). Also, doesnt the UTM not have any set paths for its doodads? which would make them walkthrough, and basically useless as walls. However, I remember a map someone made with walls and stairs and gates that your units could walk onto, although I do not remember what it was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.