• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How should I keep the program from revealing me when I do not have a town hall etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is just a quick question I've been wrecking my head about.

If I wish to make a RPG themed map I won't have a Town Hall, clearly. However Warcraft III insists on revealing my units because I do not have one! I have previously sorted it with a Hidden Town Hall. I was just wondering if it's some way of disabling that feature so that my units won't be revealed?

A related question:
If I use Custom Town Hall the warning and time will pop up anyway. Is there some way to make the program recognize a custom Town Hall as a "real" one?

Level 4
1. Ah thanks! I didn't know that trigger ruled the Reveal! I'll delete it.
I got a spin off question though; the trigger in question declares defeat for a player when that player has lost all their buildings, workers and/or soldiers, correct? Is there some way to duplicate that function, if needed? I did find an integer function but it counts all units of player x, not just structures.

2. Thanks. I have never personally used that constant but a friend used it for tech tree functions for his Custom Town Hall. But the Reval still happened. But now I know it was caused by that Melee trigger. Thanks anyway.

Level 37
Defeat occurs when all your building are gone in a melee map.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True)))) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Game - Defeat (Triggering player) with the message: Defeat!
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.