• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How i can use red player with 2 ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How i can use red player with 2 ways?
-

I mean like example in dota there is red team that controls sentinels so is there any possible that i'm using red hero but not the team and the same time i cant get any gold that red team wins from battles only my own gold can be used

bad english i think but i hope you get it :(

Level 3
i think he wants to be player 1, but only control his hero/summoned units.

this is difficult, and the way i can think of is really messy.

for the gold, simply remove the gold when a creep gets the kill (youd need to trigger all the gold drops though)

for control, you could deselect the units whenever they are selected... but in dota they also manage to have some units unselectable for the owning player. that would be the way to do it, but im afraid i dont know what they did there

Level 7
i think he wants to be player 1, but only control his hero/summoned units.

this is difficult, and the way i can think of is really messy.

for the gold, simply remove the gold when a creep gets the kill (youd need to trigger all the gold drops though)

for control, you could deselect the units whenever they are selected... but in dota they also manage to have some units unselectable for the owning player. that would be the way to do it, but im afraid i dont know what they did there

i meant this good u make it simplier than my discription xD but guys can you plz help with this one

Level 8
It's really tough. I think it's only possible with Metov's way. Put all the units you don't want Player 1 to control into a Unit-Group or something. That's basically the start of everything. But then, you'd need to trigger every gold drops just like what Metov said...

Level 7
List i need or what i want:

-I want use only red hero and summons of heroes
-I can't use buildings like buy unit or anything like that only thing i want to see when i click building is what blue sees when he click red building as friend
-I can't control spawning units like attack there move here in any way only thing i want to see is what blue sees when he click friendly red unit ( my map is AOS )
-I can't use gold that red player earn when he kills enemies with towers or units but i want earn my self gold with my summoning units and heroes

i might add here sometimes more bcs now i dont remember all but this is maybe thats needed

I know this is gonna be though^^ +rep to helper and maybe another

Level 8
i dont want that i want in each team 6 players and both have 1town
bcs i have AOS map on my work

Why don't you say so from the start! It's quite simple really.

Make one faction supposedly called "Sentinel" from Neutral Extra and another faction supposedly called "Scourge" from Neutral Victim.

Then you just set their alliance settings via trigger when the game starts.

Hope it works.

Level 21
Why don't you say so from the start! It's quite simple really.

Make one faction supposedly called "Sentinel" from Neutral Extra and another faction supposedly called "Scourge" from Neutral Victim.

Then you just set their alliance settings via trigger when the game starts.

Hope it works.

That is indeed the way to do it. You should've said earlier that it's 6v6, not 5v5.
To change the teamcolours of neutral extra & neutral victim you'll still have to do what I said though.

Level 7
Okay i hope this will works but im not now doing this 6v6 thing but when i am and if its not working you will be see this topic in future

Level 11
Well you can make Sentinels Dark Green and set fixed teamcolour. Also if you wannt to get gold from dark greens kills, I think you cound make a triger that makes DG give you all his gold every 1 sec or so. But I have no idea how.

And remember, team behinde DotA is a real programing team, they wotk for some video game company, so dont be disapointed when you cant make it like they have ^^

Level 12
Can you explain for me (to avoid a new thread) which teams have some additional triggers like neutral hostile? I.e. when I use neutral hostile they have some kind of script which always returns them to a position where they started/spawned which breaks some targeting (also I believe "creep guard distance" and other creep settings are applied to neutral hostile only). I want to use more ai-controlled teams without reducing the number of players but I want to be aware of possible issues like with neutral hostile and follow time/distance. Also is there a way to unbind neutral hostile from these constants?

Status
Not open for further replies.