• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How does Campaign Editor Custom Data work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, the problem is: I'm making a campaign and I thought that instead of having to repeatedly make (or copy/past, which still takes more time that I would bother spending) the hero/other transmap unit I would just make it in the Campaign Custom Data section, but it seem that whenever I actually try to use the model created in the Campaign Custom Data section, it merely reverts back to the unit I initially copied (for example the house reverts back to the Farm and beforehand the Hero reverted back to the Bloodmage)

Attachments

• the problem 1.JPG
    the problem 1.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 151
  • the problem 2.JPG
    the problem 2.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 292
  • the problem 3.JPG
    the problem 3.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 183

Rui

Rui

Level 41
What's so hard about it? You open the campaign editor, go to the "Object Data", and start editing. Then import your map into the campaign, select it in the main window, and one of the buttons of the top tab says "Open Map". Click it.
The best thing about it is that you can create more custom stuff in the map, and have a folder for specific map customs only and another folder for campaign customs.
Keep in mind, however, that things you change in the campaign data while inside the map only affects them IN that map.

Level 2
Which is exactly what isn't happening. If you check the pictures no. 2 and 3 show what Map Editor shows me, and what happens once I go in game, the house goes back to being a basic Farm.

Edit: never mind, I misunderstood www123, he is right, thats how it'll work, by opening it through the Custom Campaign, instead of by testing the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.