• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you set a unit's HP to 0 but not kill it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do you set your unit HP to 0 but not kill it?

A while ago, I saw a map that did this to leave a paused-clickable "corpse" on the ground. Trying to find a way to replicate it.

You can create a permanent fleshy corpse via trigger. To make it clickable use an invisible dummy unit that is still selectable. Not, sure how to get it to have 0 health. Another options would be to check for location of 'smart' orders and if the target loc is within 30 of loc then do actions. It wouldn't be selectable, but it would allow you to click on a corpse and make something happen (like make items appear).

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm quite sure you see 1 hp as long the unit is alive. I cannot recall I've seen a 0 value.

(However there is a bug that causes "Invulnerability but attackable". Negative regen could cause the unit to never die at a very certain value (This is very rare, but I never tested with very low negative regen), but I haven't found the magical real value yet or why this bug is occurring. I doubt blizzard fixed this in the latest patch. Only normal unit in melee games with negative regen is the phoenix)

Phoenix Never die Bug - (This might occur to any other units as well if you are experimenting with negative regen, though its extremely rare to reproduce this bug)

Status
Not open for further replies.