• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you make terrain go straight up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is it possible to make terrain go straight up like without making layers of new terrain below the top one? If there is how do you do it? Thanks for the help, and i hope someone answers this.

Level 3
Oh no, I mean if I increase the terrain height when I get high enough a new layer of terrain is made just below my highest point. It forms like a pyramid. Im wondering if it is possible to make it so that the pyramid affect doesn't happen and the terrain height increase just forms straight up like a wall.

Level 9
I think you're all missing the point. He wants to use Blizzard cliffs. Unfortunely there is no way to go raise a cliff more than 2 levels at a time, continually raising a cliff will cause the editor to form additional levels around the cliff. There's no practical way around this.

Level 36
I think you're all missing the point. He wants to use Blizzard cliffs. Unfortunely there is no way to go raise a cliff more than 2 levels at a time, continually raising a cliff will cause the editor to form additional levels around the cliff. There's no practical way around this.

Use doodads that look like cliffs and then just raise the terrain behind them?

Status
Not open for further replies.