• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make 2 maps into one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In a game I played (water wars submerged) you use a ability called submerge and the terrain completly changes to a under water setting. When you hit the surface button it goes back to the surface map and it is a multi player game. so I was wondering if anyone knows how to do it that way or a different way

Level 13
Look at the picture I've attached:
Let's say the green area is the "Above-Water"-Part of the map and the blue area is the underwarter-part.

Now if a unit uses the submerge-ability, it just has to be moved/teleported in the Y-axis direction and by Z grid units. And Z ist just the half of your map's total size (displayed by the red arrow). Of course you should also check, wheter the unit is in a diveable water area..

A slowly falling to the ground then could turn out to get a bit harder.. not sure.

Attachments

• blub.jpg
    blub.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 82
Level 2
best hint u can get -- it works like uther's party that map also had tons of minigames and each game set the map to a small area and u couldnt leave it with camera. Try searching this think its not protected and it might be very easy -- think i took a look at it ages ago didnt seem so hard but cant remeber how it was made

Status
Not open for further replies.