• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Animations and Particles to 1 model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I used Zero Joints. I wanted to make a Spell Animation where a screen (a joint assigned to it) that is way below the X axis instantly appears in front of the robot and it types things on that screen. i moved the joint in the animation, and when I did the typing neither the screen moved, nor the typing was correct. The arms moved on the right and did motions there instead of typing on the front. So, I decided my Spell/Spell Channel to be like Stand and Walk on the ground, I'll create the screen as an effect and no typing animations. But here is the point of the problem: See attached image 1 below

It is supposed to swim. I experimented and I know that if you hide half of the body below the X axis for Stand Swim or Walk Swim , the model doesn't look like there in pic 4, not to say my model was then a half even on the ground when walking/standing. As you can see in Shallow/deep he is above the surface. I want him to be swimming in shallow/deep h2o just like in pic 4, with the body almost submerged and to be seen or at least to be really below the surface (not to be cut like with an animation that hides it with below X axis). What animations should I use and how? Coz the Naga are like that exactly. Also he has a Submerge ability (for which I really lower and elevate the model below and above the X axis for Morph Swim and Morph Swim Alternate respectively). And that submerge (morph swim) should start from a position that he is already in water like in pic 4, morph swim alternate also back to the position where he is partially in the water. Also when he goes out of the water to be fully visible as in pic 1. I'm just describing how the Naga look for all animations, I want to do the same for my model. The Spell Swim/Spell Channel Swim can be like Stand Swim. And don't know how to make it. I put this in the request forum for offers and better - for someone to make those animations for me. Because of improper animations, I'm doing them the 4th time and it really gets annoying.

Second, if you do these animations and export to .mdx, adding particles is something I also cannot do. You can see these 4 lights at the end of each of the spikes. I would like the same thing. Once in .mdx with good animations, since I assigned the textures and just need to import them using Magos Editor, all will be rdy for it. I'm giving the model.ms3d and pls credit in case someone dl-s it to use in public. The way particles look are in image 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.