• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do the Placerholder for Tooltips work

Level 4
Hello,
this is a question I have since years.
How exactly are the Placeholder for the Ability tooltips made.
When I see Vanilla Ability, they often have something like this " <AHbz,DataA1> " as a placeholder. In the case of the Blizzard Ability, it uses the numbers of the amount of waves and damage.

I tried to do it myself with the help of showing the raw data. But it shows everywhere 0, except the Cooldown, there is just nothing. Can someone maybe explan this to me, or send a link where it is explained?

Level 39
When you use a custom ability you must concatenate the ability's rawcode with that of the base ability as well. So if an ability 'A003' is based on 'AHbz', you must write:

<AHbz:A003,DataA1>

You can see what ability everything is based on by pressing Ctrl+D to enter raw data mode.

Level 4
Screenshot_102.png

In this case. How do I need to write it, that he puts the 30 in it and what for the 60 and go on?

So <A003,DataA1> is the way to write it.
It's been a while, but this is what I always used to do. I haven't tried putting the colon separated ID, that's my first time seeing that with these.

Edit: But my information is out of date, based on pre-Reforged and I wasn't sitting here with the World Editor open to review it right now.

Level 4
Huh weird, that’s how I used to do it; guess I’m just wrong or stupid.

What you showed as working is the same text as what you showed not working in your first post.
No, I used the ID of the Data now the ID from the Ability itself, that is shown on the lft in the editor infront of the name.