• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How do neutral hostile units choose their target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am not sure I'm posting this in the right forum, but here it goes:

How do neutral hostile units (aka creeps), or, for that matter, computer-controlled player units choose their attack target if surrounded by more than one enemy?

Do they check armor, level, type (building, unit, Hero, ward etc.), distance, current lunar phase, or something else? Or everything combined?

This question is so general, and almost certainly has been asked before, however, I can't find any such thread.

I did find this thread explaining how creeps choose their spell targets, though.

Level 4
There are lots of factors that influence this. For example, if one of your units is attacking one of your own units, your unit will be deprioritized compared to other units that are attacking the computer controlled unit.

Level 12
And they will chase your heroes to the end of the world if they don't have a creep return distance.

Personally I'd like to know a way to completely remove their behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.