• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I set up textures for Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I export therm as dds but I can't get the world editor to associate my textures with myt custom models. How do I apply a texture to a model?
You have to overwrite its current texture by importing the new texture under the path of the texture you want to replace.

You also have to mark it as HD.

Level 3
You have to overwrite its current texture by importing the new texture under the path of the texture you want to replace.

You also have to mark it as HD.

There is no current texture to overwrite, the model and texture are both custom. Mark it as HD?

Level 3
Well then you have to wrap it.

What models/textures are you talking about?

In cryengine I open the material editor and apply the different shaders or packed materials and I simply hit apply to selection. Here I don't have a material editor. My model is uv wrapped, I just don't have a way of applying the texture that goes with the model.

My model is just a custom crate I made for a spaceship. It's not a reskin or anything

I think someone better in model editing / texture editing will be more qualified to answer, but from what I know you need to wrap your custom model in the texture you want.
Try some of the following: Mdlvis, Retera's Model Studio or War3 Model Editor.

I know that at least Retera's model studio has an import texture feature, but I'm not sure if it's actually possible to wrap it in Retera's. Also you need to get the Reforged hack for Retera's.

Level 3
I think someone better in model editing / texture editing will be more qualified to answer, but from what I know you need to wrap your custom model in the texture you want.
Try some of the following: Mdlvis, Retera's Model Studio or War3 Model Editor.

I know that at least Retera's model studio has an import texture feature, but I'm not sure if it's actually possible to wrap it in Retera's.

Well wait I think you've done this before. You told me you're wanting to import wow models. Let's say you're importing wow assets and you want to apply the texture. How would you do it?

Well wait I think you've done this before. You told me you're wanting to import wow models. Let's say you're importing wow assets and you want to apply the texture. How would you do it?
By simply importing the model/textures with the import manager in the editor, and then changing the texture paths to the right paths :p

Level 3
By simply importing the model/textures with the import manager in the editor, and then changing the texture paths to the right paths :p

What would be an example of this? Say I'm importing the BE female player model, what will the texture path be

Level 3
here they are. The model and texture is fine. I just want to know what the path is supposed to be

Last edited:
Level 3
Seems like this isn't wrapped so you have to wrap it.

The model shows that it's uved in reteras model studio. What I'm trying to figure out though is what the texture path should be for this. I import in crate.mdx and crate.blp. The model imports in white. I need the crate.blp applied to it. I don't know how to point the world editor in the right direction so it says hey look at this crate.blp and apply it to crate.mdx. UV or not it should be able to have textures applied to it. This is a general question about applying textures to models in the world editor

Level 3
Import Crate.mdx then import Crate.blp. Rename Crate.blp from war3mapImported\Crate.blp to only Crate.blp.

The model might be saved in the cache so you might have to restart your editor.

Well done mahboi. Is this texture path designated in the model software prior to export?

Level 3
Not entirely sure what you mean by this.

I have a couple questions, can I import .dds for the editor or does all textures have to be blp and also, what settings do I put in for the best quality export in the texture program you recommended

can I import .dds for the editor
You can, but since you're using the Reforged editor you need to flag it as a HD texture when you import it. There should be a drop down menu in the import manager.
what settings do I put in for the best quality export in the texture program you recommended
No idea, unfortunately.

Level 3
You can, but since you're using the Reforged editor you need to flag it as a HD texture when you import it. There should be a drop down menu in the import manager.

No idea, unfortunately.

So the process for getting the path is the same, I just called .dds ibsread?

Status
Not open for further replies.