• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

how do i make missile move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some things can not be GUI, since GUI is not as powerfull as JASS.
Well basicly you need to use maths to move the dummy unit to a new location every few few frames, the action is under the "Unit" section. Polar projection does your maths for you with the right inputs but make sure your locations do not leak.

Level 40
A lot of darky29's work has been ignored since it does not folow the modern spell section rules (leaks or crashes).
Doesn't seem to exist there, either, but it's kinda hard to search that section =/

Anyhow, it should go fine, Dracula. Those're the intervals that spells involving missile movement use (.035,.01,.02,.03,.04,.05)

Are you sure you're using a Timer (Every x seconds of game time, or <Timer> Expires), and not a Wait? (Waits have a minimum wait time of about .10 seconds, for 0, and .27 for .01

Level 9
yes ive use every .10 second do order unit move to position of unit 1000towards facing of unit - 9, then for the 2nd missile i make facing of unit + 9, so that missile one shoots at 45 angel and will have -9 angel every .10 second that will make it turn, and same for the missle two shoots at -45 angel and will have +9 angel, so they will end up at the target location, i would post the trigger but i deleted it, cuz it wasnt what i had it mind.

uhh... you had the right idea.. HOWEVER, moving 1000 paces at every .01-.05 interval will be VERY UNSMOOTH. i made very custom missile moves my self, even my own custom homing missile, and using maybe 20 paces. I did a cool effect on my homing missile where it will accelerate towards an angle starting at a speed of very slow 5 paces then accelerating to about 50 in like 7 seconds. however it has leaks ><

Status
Not open for further replies.