1. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed! Choose which entry should win in the 19th Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice

[Trigger] Making a Boomerang-type Spell?

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Brash, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Brash

Brash

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i'm trying to figure out how to make a spell that looks like a boomerang is being thrown out and arc's and comes back. I play dota a fair amount and it's done well with beastmasters throwing axes. except i want to do it with one unit, not 2.

i figure it would have to be a dummy flying unit with locust and with the model of my choice and i'd change the angle for it to fly to constantly but im unsure of how to calculate such angles.

i'd like it to fly out somewhat curved.. from the caster position to the target position then arc and begin to swing around curving and returning to the caster.

anyone have the code for those axes so i might get an idea of how something like this might be made.. of course mine would be gui though. don't like to mess with jass

edit>oh yeah i just thought of the formation. it would be like drawing out a tear-drop

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  2. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its quite easy and you do not really have to calculate all angles
    1:Create you dummies
    2:Simply order the dummies to face the target point and move them in the direction of their facing ( loop )
    3:When they reach the target point order to face them to the caster and move them again
    4: when they are near the caster again just remove the dummies

Of course you can make it in another way , i guess there are really many but i think thats easy and i made it once some time
    http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3952/
    There are also many already created spells like this you can import - for example Vexrorians