• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Making a Boomerang-type Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i'm trying to figure out how to make a spell that looks like a boomerang is being thrown out and arc's and comes back. I play dota a fair amount and it's done well with beastmasters throwing axes. except i want to do it with one unit, not 2.

i figure it would have to be a dummy flying unit with locust and with the model of my choice and i'd change the angle for it to fly to constantly but im unsure of how to calculate such angles.

i'd like it to fly out somewhat curved.. from the caster position to the target position then arc and begin to swing around curving and returning to the caster.

anyone have the code for those axes so i might get an idea of how something like this might be made.. of course mine would be gui though. don't like to mess with jass

edit>oh yeah i just thought of the formation. it would be like drawing out a tear-drop

Last edited:
Level 15
Its quite easy and you do not really have to calculate all angles
1:Create you dummies
2:Simply order the dummies to face the target point and move them in the direction of their facing ( loop )
3:When they reach the target point order to face them to the caster and move them again
4: when they are near the caster again just remove the dummies

Of course you can make it in another way , i guess there are really many but i think thats easy and i made it once some time
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3952/
There are also many already created spells like this you can import - for example Vexrorians

Status
Not open for further replies.