• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need a spell done for me, called boomerang.

If any of you have seen the girl in Inuyasha throw around her big boomerange then you will know what I am talking about. For those who dont, I need the spell to go like this:

You target a unit, and you throw the boomerang at him, but the boomerang arcs to the side and hits anyone in its way, and then it comes back to you. Anything in its way takes damage.

I need this spell for a map I will make soon called Inuyasha Open RPG

Thanks

Level 9
Request a special model.
1) Make a dummy spell. Base it of off a ground-targeting spell.
2) When the spell is cast, create a dummy unit with the model. The unit should have a powerful permentent immolation and negative life reqeneration.
3) Use a periodic event trigger and "For Each Integer A..." functions to create the arc.
4) When the boomerang dies, detect that with triggers, and create another boomerang.
5) Reverse the arc to bring it back to the caster.

Give this a try. If you can't do this, I will try. However, it will take me a while as I have several spells that I am working on at the moment.

P.S. 1000th post!

~The_Raven

Level 7
Hmm.. Tried the spell, I couldnt get a Boomerang model so I used the Huntress glaive. For some reason I cant get it to arc, and the units in its way dont get hurt. Obviously I am doing something wrong.. But I don't know what...

Status
Not open for further replies.