• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wild axes spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
On DotA theres a spell for Rexxar called Wild Axes and it throws out 2 axes then they come back like boomerangs and do damage when they hit a unit.

Can someone tell me how i would make that skill in GUI please?

Level 2
Something along the lines of:

First trigger(To start and prepare):
Events-
Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions-
Ability being cast equals to (Wild Axes)
Actions-
Set (AxeTargetPoint) = Target Point of Ability being Cast
Set (DistanceDiff) = Distance between (Position of Casting Unit) and (target Point of Ability being cast)

And another trigger(to move the dummies and damage units):
Events-
Every 0.20 seconds of game time
Actions-
Move (axe dummy) instantly (to position offset) [Not sure about this but has somethng to do with the distance over the course of the spell]
Pick all units in 100 range around (axe dummy) and do (damage unit) for (amount)

Something along those lines. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. I only came back to Warcraft after a year or so.

Level 6
Its a spell Darky created for one of his never finished campaigns, day of the fish or something. Dont know if it was ever finished... so excuse me if iam wrong.

For this spell you need a pushback trigger then wait a periodic amount of time and move it backwards. Then you need to change the angle caus the axes will move sideways. The best thing to do would be doing it by yourself using a premade gui slide/pushback spell.

I dont recommend people just copy paste stuff caus you will never be able to do something difficulty by yourself. Also for myself its a great feeling if you archieve something just trough hard work.

Level 2
Thank you for yalls help ill try out your trigger misuke.

By the way i dont exactly need it to curve but that would be a welcome extra, so if you know how to actually make it come back that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.