• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do I make Flame Strike not damage a specific destructible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. You could change the Lever's type to something else than Debris. Just make sure that units can attack the new type too.
  2. Alternatively you could make the lever a unit. That way you have more control over what can damage it via damage detection systems or plain magic immunity
Sadly I don't think any of the damage detection systems support destructables.

Level 12
If you want to render this destractable not targettable, there is a filed in the object editor for destructible called "Targetted As".
If you untick everything in there, it should become safe from any kind of attack.

Level 12
  • X
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Strike
    • Actions
      • -------- This is just an example --------
      • Set VariableSet TempAoE = 500.00
      • Set VariableSet TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within TempAoE of TempLoc and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Lever
            • Then - Actions
              • Set VariableSet TempDest = (Picked destructible)
              • Destructible - Make TempDest Invulnerable
            • Else - Actions
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within TempAoE of TempLoc and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Lever
            • Then - Actions
              • Set VariableSet TempDest = (Picked destructible)
              • Destructible - Make TempDest Vulnerable
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc)
Something like this should work.

Level 20
I tried changing the Lever's "Targeted as" value to something other than Debris but it seems to break it each time. I modified Flame Strike to instead not target Debris. It works for now, thanks everyone!

DoomBlade, that could work but it would break the aggro of the enemy attacking the Lever. Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.