• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cast a spell (fx Flame Strike) on unit or in region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there!
Quite new here, but I've been working on a map for a while, and currently trying to make a spell for a custom boss fight.

Basically I want to trigger a Flame Strike underneath the boss unit every 3 seconds.

So what I wanna know is, how do I create a trigger, that conjures a flame strike under the mob every 3 seconds. Or conjures a flame strike in the center of a region, of which the mob is standing in?

Level 39
Set up a normal dummy caster unit and then do something like the following trigger. You can leave it as ‘initially off’ and enable/disable the trigger with another trigger whenever these should start/stop.

• Events
    • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of BOSS)
    • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY CASTER for (Owner of BOSS) at TempPoint facing (Default building facing) degrees
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add FLAMESTRIKE SPELL to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempPoint
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 4
Set up a normal dummy caster unit and then do something like the following trigger. You can leave it as ‘initially off’ and enable/disable the trigger with another trigger whenever these should start/stop.

• Events
    • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of BOSS)
    • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY CASTER for (Owner of BOSS) at TempPoint facing (Default building facing) degrees
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add FLAMESTRIKE SPELL to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempPoint
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Thank you! I will try that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.