• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i import a custom tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
1. Download the tiles you want and import them with import manager.
2. Change the paths of the imported files to the terrain file paths you want to replace.

For example if you want to replace Ashenvale dirt texture then change the texture path of your imported file to
TerrainArt/Ashenvale/Ashen_Dirt.blp
You can check the file paths with War 3 Viewer for example. They are all in TerrainArt folder.
When you use Ashenvale dirt tile in your map, it will show up as your improted texture.

Level 3
2. Change the paths of the imported files to the terrain file paths you want to replace.

For example if you want to replace Ashenvale dirt texture then change the texture path of your imported file to
You can check the file paths with War 3 Viewer for example. They are all in TerrainArt folder.
When you use Ashenvale dirt tile in your map, it will show up as your improted texture.

i want to replace Ashenvale Grassy Dirt and Dirt texture. How do i change it?

Level 28
i want to replace Ashenvale Grassy Dirt and Dirt texture. How do i change it?

Maker already explained how to do this (even the exact same texture you wanted to change).
You should seriously be able to do this based on Maker's post alone, but alas: here's another post saying basically the same thing.

I personally like using MPQ Editor for looking at the default paths, here's a screeny of that:
PJsxSM7.jpg

The folder I'm in is TerrainArt\Ashenvale, as you can see in the screenshot.
The textures for grassy dirt and dirt are "Ashen_DirtGrass.blp" and "Ashen_Dirt.blp" respectively.
That means the paths for the two are "TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashen_DirtGrass.blp" (for the grassy dirt) and "TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashen_Dirt.blp" (for regular dirt).

So all you need to do is import those textures and rename their path to that.
cRcnZEl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.