• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i get resurrected units to keep abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Or just trigger. Some spell is casted, then pick x units around caster (boolean as dead) and use action called "Replace" with what you could replace picked unit with unit type of picked unit and then make expiration timer. If you want you can also make red tint and sfx if you want it to look like exact "Animate Dead".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try using resurrect.
Basically make a dummy and use the resurrect ability (make sure its owned by an ally of the units you want to live again).
As soon as they are alive, change the ownership of the units to the player who cast the spell.

If the spells were given to the units via triggers, make sure to make them permanent via the permanent native.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sorry but your logic is making no sense, the last few patches have added nothing to triggers. A few patches ago one improvement was done to the triggers which added content. Thus I do not understand what is your problem with triggers in WC3.

You must be refering to GUI but no one uses GUI. All good maps are made with JASS.
Locals and globals still work fine in JASS via JNGP. Do not honestly tell me you think swat aftermath is made in GUI, let alone with just object editor data.

Level 10
DSG, most people use GUI because it is user-friendly. GUI can be even learned by yourself, while JASS is quite efficient and more freely useable, it can only be learned by reading tutorials, manuals and etc. unless you know some other programming language.

Also there are maps which are GUI and are better than some approved JASS maps. Wasn't roller coaster made with GUI?

Level 10
GUI - Graphical User Interface

Many strategy games have editor, blizzard has world editor with "Trigger Editor" where you can make triggers with very user-friendly interface.

JASS is "Just another scripting syntax" or something like that. You can convert trigger to custom text and trigger with JASS.

I suspect you don't use GUI? Only JASS ( write code on blank text trigger )?

Level 8
i dont use jass. learning that would take too long. script wont work well with what i have in mind anyway. i need a sollution that doesnt involve script

A better idea? Im afraid thats impossible because all of GUI is made by jass so whatever your idea is, it cannot be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.