• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How do I change Terrains Completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

So I've been playing many maps by now, and some of their characteristics have caught my attention: let's say for example, the map starts with a cinematic. The cinematic's terrain is different from the main map's terrain.

The weird thing is once the cinematic ends the terrain is changed completely, like it's a whole different map (I've tried searching the whole map in game but the terrain of the cinematic isn't there).

How do I do this? How do I change or transfer one map terrain to another?

Please help.

EDIT: I'll further explain: not only the terrain, but height levels, destructibles and doodads and preplaced units are all changed...
-Like from Map 1 to completely different Map 2.

SOLVED!

Last edited:
Level 20
Yeah so I see there : Maps/MapName.w3m... what path do I use? Does it have to be in the Maps folder?

In EotA, they're using camera bounds to hide each "map" (Read Maker's post).
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to Region 000 <gen>
Something like that.

EDIT: Here's a test map if you're confused.

Attachments

• Hide Terrain.w3x
    23.8 KB · Views: 27
Level 20
About that- I have some issues:

1.) When I switched versions, I suddenly can't open my map, sending a message: Trigger function does not exist in databse (I already updated JASSHelper)

2.) If I am able to open my map, a tileset is mysteriously gone from the terrain palette... so I have to add it again. If I do add it again, the already-placed tiles suddenly change in order.

3.)When I switch versions, I still can't extend the map size to 480x480...

Level 20
Yes... in fact I don't think I ever disabled it. Also, @deathidmyfriend, can you extend your map to 480x480?

UPDATE: Hehe guys I found the solution (it was so simple really that I regret ever asking you to help me)- It seems that I had to increase all sides of the map (up, down, left, right) to reach the max size... but I really still appreciate your help- I mean now I know how to manipulate camera bounds to make it like Eota and the minimap image... so thanks again!! Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.