• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i make the unexplored terrain black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need the unexplored map to be completely invisible.
normally you are able to see the terrain both explored and unexplored when a unit is not on site, simply when it has not yet been explored it's slightly darker, but I need it to be completely black.
how can I do?

Level 1
Scenario → Map Options...

Untick "Masked areas are partially visible"

Nope.

i'm not talking about the minimap.

I'm talking about what you see on the actual map, you know, the one where you select the units, and you see the terrain and the decorations, that one.

Level 5
It is exactly like J2Krauser has written. This will make you unable to see through the black mask on the map (you know, where you select the units and you see the terrain and the decorations, that one).
fog.png

As you can see there are 3 states.
If you meant Fog of War which appears after the terrain has been explored once you can do:
  • Dark
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)

Level 1
It is exactly like J2Krauser has written. This will make you unable to see through the black mask on the map (you know, where you select the units and you see the terrain and the decorations, that one).
View attachment 368721
If you meant Fog of War which appears after the terrain has been explored once you can do:
  • Dark
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)

It's not "exactly like J2Krauser has written", because before writing this question I have already looked for a solution among the other posts and that solution I had already found and tried before.

Anyway, the trigger you posted would also obscure the areas already explored, it's not exactly what I was looking for but it might come in handy.

My problem is that despite what I tried the explored areas were covered with the "fog of war" while those still unexplored were a kind of "fog of war" a little darker, but not completely black. in this case the "states" you were talking about would be 4 and not 3.

Level 1
View attachment 368721
  • Dark
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions

This is what i see after doing what J2Krauser wrote

Attachments

• AGW.png
    AGW.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 5
This is what i see after doing what J2Krauser wrote

I see, the Problem seems to be the Reforged Mode. If you switch to classic it works fine. So I would guess, it's not possible in Reforged mode.
But hopefully someone else has a solution for you.

Level 1
I see, the Problem seems to be the Reforged Mode. If you switch to classic it works fine. So I would guess, it's not possible in Reforged mode.
But hopefully someone else has a solution for you.

Damn, I started making the map for the reforged graphics, if the problem is that it will cause me a bit of trouble (since my map has a maze).

Status
Not open for further replies.