• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] How comparable is unity to the warcraft 3 map editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i was an old time veteran mapmaker, and want to take that creativity to the next level. as such i am right now downloading unity, and want to see how far i can take it without giving up. i don't expect to be making super complex games anytime soon but of course finishing SOMETHING is the whole point.

do you guys know if there is a system similar to the gui-triggers system from world editor in unity? because that would mean i don't need to learn how to code :0 that would be good news.

Level 31
i was an old time veteran mapmaker, and want to take that creativity to the next level. as such i am right now downloading unity, and want to see how far i can take it without giving up. i don't expect to be making super complex games anytime soon but of course finishing SOMETHING is the whole point.

do you guys know if there is a system similar to the gui-triggers system from world editor in unity? because that would mean i don't need to learn how to code :0 that would be good news.

i don't think so, unity is a totaly different engine.

Level 25
It's shares that both use 3D.
Unity does contain Drag-'n-drop items, but the code is in either C# or JavaScript. Your choice.

So yeah, ur gonna have to code it. Or join a project and help with what you can.

Level 11
With Unity, if you are doing everything yourself (for Free), then yes you are gonna be using C#, Javascript, or BooScript (pfft) to script everything.
You can make 2D games in Unity, as well as 3D.

With that being said, there are tools that you can purchase from the Unity Asset Store that do a lot of the Coding part for you. Most higher rated ones are around $80 from what I remember.

Unity does a great job with their tutorials and Free Assets if you do want to look into it before you decide if it's all worth it. C# is pretty fun if you have the time to learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.