• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can you make two of the same model have different texture in the same map? Reforged/HD/Retera Model/Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I wanna make an interlude where Grom Hellscream fights ogres where he has a Mag'har skin and one where he fights Draenei and has green skin In the same map.
I tried retera's model studio but i can't modifi the main texture diffuse path to make the other texture take it's place and the model is just black textured.

Edit: I solved it.

Last edited:
Level 5
So here we go.
You frist need to open Retera Model Studio with Grom Hellscream model like this.
Grommash V1 1.0.jpg

After this go to Model>Texture>I've selected the main difuse that you need to export>Export Texture File>Save it as Grom.tiff

Grommash V1 1.1.jpg

Convert the .tiff file to a .dds like this.

Grommash V1 1.2.jpg

Come back into the model and modify the main difuse that I highlighted with the mouse here. Modify it to Grom.dds. Go to File and Save As GromGreen.
Grommash V1 1.4.jpg

Grommash V1 1.6.jpg

I used an imported skin from the hiveworkshop not mine Mag'har Grommash Hellscream (reforged) I imported the Grom.dds and GromGreen model that I made and voila, I have both in the same map. I had encountered like a crash on the map, but I named my GreenGrom in object editor Grom and the other one I let it default and it didn't crash anymore

Level 5
Basically it was not solved? You ended up with 2 copies of the model and having to waste file space importing it? So the same solution used for 15 years?

Really wish there was StarCraft II style replaceable textures or texture overlays.
Well I didn't know about it. That this is the metod you used for about 15 years since I am fairly new to modding. So I basically didn't solved anything just that I discovered something that you guys used for 15 years...Great.....I guess ?

Status
Not open for further replies.