• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How can I transfer a hero from one map to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I hope I'm writing about this in the right place!
So I want to have the possibility to move my hero across maps (campaign maps - related to each other) I know that it could be done by triggers!
I saw it the first time in the Blizzard campaign where you play with Rexxar, there you were able to move from one map to another and still have your stats, level and equipment, how can I do that?
- What I want to make possible - when you choose your hero from a choosing dialog, to automatically load another map and spawn your chosen hero there; then if possible to travel around (let's say 5 maps) back and forth.
For Ex.: Travel North to Wild Plains (this should mean if you go a little further you'll be transferred to another region/map [let's call it MAP 2]) or West to the Rocky Mountains (the same here but a [3-rd MAP] should be loaded here) and then to be able to return to The Middle of Nowhere [the 1-st MAP] and to make it whenever you like, how often you like! At the same time every time you travel between maps the hero should keep its levels, abilities, equipment and resources (well the last one is not absolutely necessary).

I want to make all this because I think it would be better and more interesting than to put a lot of triggers, imports and doodads on one HUGE map - it should lag less I think! Give your comments answers/help and "requests" about what you think of my idea and how to solve it!

Level 7
Thank you sephiroth1234 that was helpful (I hope) :thumbs_up: +rep for that:goblin_good_job:
It was indeed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.