• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Transferring assets from a map to another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
There is still so much I don't know about WE even since the OG days. Just wondering is it possible to transfer all your assets to another map instead of having to import them one by one? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.

Level 9
If you are using the current version of Warcraft III then you can save the maps as a folder and then use a file explorer to copy all the assets across in file form. This can also be used to import a lot of new assets more easily than using the import manager.
I kind of get what you are saying. Will they already have the correct file paths though? Copying and using a file explorer I'm kind of stumped on. Yeah, I just want to be able to import assets quicker that I used on multiple maps instead of going through the hassle of doing it again one by one and putting in the correct file path for each asset that it applies to.

For example I have a bunch of assets that I can use for another map but just want to copy them as they are with correct file path and everything. Shortcut basically.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Will they already have the correct file paths though?
Yes if they are placed at the correct path.
For example I have a bunch of assets that I can use for another map but just want to copy them as they are with correct file path and everything. Shortcut basically.
Which is what saving maps as a folder allows. You can open the map folder in file explorer, select the imported files (and folders containing imports), copy them, go to your other map and then paste. Just like when copying a document or any other type of file. Next time the map is opened in World Editor it should just work.

Level 9
Yes if they are placed at the correct path.

Which is what saving maps as a folder allows. You can open the map folder in file explorer, select the imported files (and folders containing imports), copy them, go to your other map and then paste. Just like when copying a document or any other type of file. Next time the map is opened in World Editor it should just work.
Nice, I think I can manage that. Thanks for the info, going to save lots of time and frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.