• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can I isolate and move a player-AI from one custom game to another one? Like from one Hero line wars to another hero line wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It should be fairly simple right? Because there aren't many changes from on to another most times. like all the later versions of Hero line wars Lition. I tried to watch some tutorials regarding the world editor and the AI editor but i think what i need to know is a bit more specified or I wasn't paying enough attention... Anyway it felt a bit overkill to put down the time to become educated about the world editor, AI editor, well all the editors and that JASS language that are necessary to be able to do this, just so I can play Hero line wars by myself sometimes. I rarely game anymore so... only sometimes when i want that nostalgia, i pick up a game of good old age of empire III, Warcraft III or HOMM3 for old times sake. BUT to my disappointment I noticed that my absolute favorite games, hero line wars, line tower wars or hero wars don't have any AI's on those kind of maps so they can only be played multiplayer :/ well i found only one map from HLW lition with a decent custom made AI-script which was actually pretty great and well made. In fact it was so good that i lost track of time for almost 5 hours and ending up depressed then when I had played and won with all the characters on this version and then got bored, + for some reason the creator only put in an AI in one of his 27 different versions... and there aren't any else :(

So I'm Basically wondering if there is any way to like isolate the AI-script with the world editor somehow(?) and then just transfer it to other maps of HLW with other heroes in them? maybe you would have to tweak it a bit every time because of different heroes, but that would be worth it! Or maybe not like, transferring the AI every time. But instead just change the Heroes on the same map. Don't really know if it can be done. And if so, which is simpler? or do I really have to start learning another got damn language(even if it it's "Just Another Scripting Syntax"), just so i can write my own god damn AI-script :p

It's such a simple concept so I think it must be doable if you just know enough. which is why I am now here, on this site.... just found out about it and just registered for first time, only so I could ask this overly long question at like 05.00 A.m heheh.... anyway I'm rambling. hopefully, someone can explain to me how i can make this happen.

TL:DR

Is it possible to isolate the AI-script from a custom game(hero line wars) and then transfer it to another similar game(another hero line wars map) which almost only has unit differences between them? or maybe it's easier to just switch out the heroes in the original map instead? So i can keep playing my favorite childhood game by myself sometimes when i have little to do

Level 39
If the version of the map with AI in it is protected (which it likely is) then there is almost nothing you can do to extract it. In theory it is possible but the amount of work to figure out which triggers or .ai files run the AI is ludicrous, since the entire map script would be obfuscated by the protection process.

Level 2
If the version of the map with AI in it is protected (which it likely is) then there is almost nothing you can do to extract it. In theory it is possible but the amount of work to figure out which triggers or .ai files run the AI is ludicrous, since the entire map script would be obfuscated by the protection process.
Crap, anyone know any good guides to making my own ai-script for a hero line war type map? Can't be that complicated. wouldn't it be kind of making it work like an ai from dota + making it also buy tons of units to increase income and to overwhelm the opponents?

Level 2
so basically the only way is to become an expert with ai editor etc. or try to find other HLW maps with AI's which i have trouble finding, epic-war doesn't anymore than that single one. maybe if someone have some hidden storage with tons of custom wc3 maps somewhere and willing to share? :p

Level 2
Upload the map with the AI here. Maybe it’s not protected or a .ai file is extractable.
It's this one. the only hero line wars with working ai that i could find. there is another version too but there is no noticeable difference between them. but I can upload that one too if needed

Attachments

• Hero Line War Lition V7.98 AI (v2).w3x
    233.8 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.