• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can i make an invisibility spell(AOE DMG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can i make an invisibility spell that deals AOE damage to nearby enemy unit. Like ''nerubian weaver's second spell'' on dota..

Level 12
Weaver's Sukuchi (or whatever) is a Windwalk(maximum ms, lasts 4 seconds, cd about 8 seconds). What is special is that when you go through an enemy unit you damage it(a unit can be damaged only once per cast).

Level 12
Yeap, Phoenix Fire will do fine.
Low range, some damage, and big cd (Squiggy, I must spread).
It should be added to the triggering unit when the ability is activated.
Maybe as an item ability.
And removed later.

Level 12
Setting the range of the phoenix fire to the original collision size of the unit (maybe a little bit higher) will damage only those you walk through.

Level 12
mostly, but it could work improperly

lets say this hero walks towards a unit. Now, if this unit was moving towards him, he would be able to miss the damage interval of the phoenixfire, right?

instead, i would use something like this(MPI though, but im guessing he wants it that way)
  • Spell
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Group = (Unit of type Hero)
    • Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
      • Set Caster = (Picked unit)
      • Set PlayerNumber = (Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))
      • Set Group2 = (Units within 100 of Hero matching conditions ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is a Structure) Equal to False)))
      • Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
        • If (All Conditions) are True then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) is in Group3[PlayerNumber]) Equal to False
            • (Caster has buff Wind Walk) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Group3[PlayerNumber]
            • Unit - Make Caster deal 100 damage to (Picked unit)
          • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group2)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Group)
and then one trigger to clear the units from the group(you can actually include this is the first trigger, but anyways)

Level 12
Lol.
Phoenix fire is the perfect, simplest, easiest, least lagging solution.
Set initial damage to whatever you want, damage per second to 0, AoE to something like 150-200, the cooldown should be something very small 0.03-0.04. I think duration does not matter. Or maybe it does - I will explain below.
Because only initial damage is more than 0, units will be damaged only once per the duration.
In addition to this, changing the missile art of the PF ability, will enable effects to appear at the units you pass through.
And yes, since the range of the PF ability can be(and should be) more than the collisions size of the unit, any unit standing near enough to the casting unit will be damaged too.
P.s. I really think sukuchi is done with a PF based ability.

Level 12
Not to certain.
Depends whether PF itself is MUI.
I think some of blizzards spells are not MUI :D (maybe they are MPI)
I am not sure about stackability (as in 2 units passing through the same unit at roughly the same time).

Level 7
But im not so expirienced with variables so please can some 1 make this spell in a map and attach it here so i can download plz

Level 7
Look i just want you to make the spell. Not with JAAS or not with text i want to make it simply so i can copy it. Plz some 1 make it fast i need it

Level 12
I will make it later if no one else has.
You can copy jass too...

With jass, this can be way more efficient.
I used Unit stops casting an ability, as I am not sure when the buff of the windwalk will appear.
It is MUI.

Attachments

• Blah.w3x
    14.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.