• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i get wow to run in full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
and yet it is the truth. systeminformation in windows 10 exports in nfo which blizzard can not read. no need to respond just to troll me however. i did not create this topic to discuss blizzard`s lacking customer support for windows 10 anyway but to get help with fixing my world of warcraft problem. i have a monitor that support 144 hz but world of warcraft does not work in full screen nd is therefore limited to 50 hz which is the windows hardcoded limit. starcraft 2 runs in full screen but it have a limit of 120 hz. because of the issues with world of warcraft i am forced to run it in 50 hz. please help me get it working in full screen.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

[...] i tried blizzard support but since the desktop have windows 10 they can not help me. [...]
[...] systeminformation in windows 10 exports in nfo which blizzard can not read. [...] i did not create this topic to discuss blizzard`s lacking customer support for windows 10 anyway but to get help with fixing my world of warcraft problem. [...]

On the official WoW Forums, there are entries leading to Customer Support and Technical Support (among many other forums). Both require to log in to post there.

Customer service Information
Customer service Forum

Technical support Information
Technical support Forum

Additionally, one can contact Support directly from here:
Contact Support - Blizzard Support

It would seem that you did not create a new thread on WoW's Technical support Forum.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use dxdiag to generate the system spec and send that to Blizzard. Windows 10 dxdiag works the exact same as Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and probably even NT.

Black screen usually points towards unsupported display mode. One might need to manually modify the resolution and refresh options. I do not know how WoW stores these but google or any search engine should quickly tell you.

Being an old game engine it might only support 50 and 60 Hz refresh rates. If you get it to work at one of them then assume that is the best you can do and take it.

Level 21
i did but blizzard could not help me. they needed msinfo but they can not read nfo files. it runs in 120 hz on another pc. that suggests some kind of conflict with the gtx 1070. my laptop have hd 4600 and gtx 770m. they use the same monitor. that rules out the monitor being the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
they needed msinfo but they can not read nfo files.
No they do not need msinfo. They just want the DxDiag.txt which has remained unchanged for ages. I know this because for a while I hung around the HotS technical support forums. They have no problem servicing Windows 10 users. That said, if they actually solve the problem is a different question.

I suggest you use your laptop to play WoW. There is clearly some configuration problem with the other system that cannot be remotely diagnosed. I could probably get it working in under half an hour if I could interface with the system directly, but remotely it is certainly impossible.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Let's see how far we can go before this thread gets also closed by a moderator, shall we?
Our goal is to reach page 7. I am counting on you.

:mwahaha:

i got a new desktop with gtx 1070 and world of warcraft gets ablack screen wheh running in full screen.
it runs in 120 hz on another pc. that suggests some kind of conflict with the gtx 1070.
The one which has fried?

i have a monitor that support 144 hz but world of warcraft does not work in full screen nd is therefore limited to 50 hz which is the windows hardcoded limit. starcraft 2 runs in full screen but it have a limit of 120 hz. because of the issues with world of warcraft i am forced to run it in 50 hz.
Please run this:
EnTech Taiwan | Utilities | Monitor Asset Manager

Also, some professional monitors (like the ones from EIZO, for example) come with their own set of drivers and utilities.

Now please answer me that your monitor is not an EIZO one, without any further explanation.
Also please answer me that you see no point in running the software I linked you to, or that there is no download link on the page.

...for that is your modus operandi.

Black screen usually points towards unsupported display mode. One might need to manually modify the resolution and refresh options. I do not know how WoW stores these but google or any search engine should quickly tell you.
This one might be outdated (or not), but there are surely alternatives elsewhere:
EnTech Taiwan | Utilities | Multires

no need to respond just to troll me however.
Debatable.

Let's see how far we can go before this thread gets also closed by a moderator, shall we?
Our goal is to reach page 7. I am counting on you.

:mwahaha:
[...] the problem is now fixed but i have no idea why.

I am so very disappointed...

Brazil (1985 film) - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] i have a monitor that support 144 hz but world of warcraft does not work in full screen nd is therefore limited to 50 hz which is the windows hardcoded limit. starcraft 2 runs in full screen but it have a limit of 120 hz. because of the issues with world of warcraft i am forced to run it in 50 hz. please help me get it working in full screen.
[...] the problem is now fixed but i have no idea why.

For documentation and reference purposes, I am copy-pasting some info from another thread into this one:
Could this be related, by chance?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4074588/windows-10-update-kb4074588

"[...] Addresses issue where, in certain hardware configurations, the frame rates of DirectX Games were unintentionally limited to a factor of the display's vertical synchronization. [...]"

Discussion threads on Reddit:
- Possible framerate fix in latest Windows 10 update: Wednesday, February 13 —KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248). • r/nvidia
- Windows 10 DirectX Frame Rate bug fix patch is rolling out • r/pcgaming

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.