• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How can I get all of a specific unit to use an animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello again, I got good feedback from my last post and now I have changed the unit from a doodad to a locust because apparently you can't change a doodad's animation! So I have four custom units, each named House1, House2, House3, and House4, and I want them each to use a different animation.

For example, I want House1 to use "Stand", House2 to use "Stand upgrade two", House3 to use "Stand upgrade three", and House4 to use "Stand upgrade four".

After toying around with the Trigger Editor, I figured out how to make a selected unit use a certain animation, but I couldn't find a way to make all of a certain unit use an animation.

I have a trigger ready with Map Initialization.

Thank you if you can help!

Level 3
I think it is called remove animation tag in gui
So I found the Add/Removed Unit Animation Tag action trigger and tried that out, but it wanted me to select a single unit whereas I wanted it to affect all units named "House1/2/3/4".

Though, just for testing purposes, I tried to remove all of the animations but a birth animation and the unit was still using the stand animation by default.
I typed in the animation exactly as I see it in the WE model viewer on the left of the screen.

[EDIT] Would this help me delete an animation from a unit?
Matrix Eater 3D Model Editor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.